Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What helped you most in the early weeks?

Default Re: What helped you most in the early weeks?

What saved my life was having a bunch of wonderful friends who came and brought me food and did our laundry every day for the first 2 weeks!!!
    If you dont have the time, but can afford it, or can get a group of friends/family to chip in, get her a post-partum doula, or at least a twice weekly housekeeper for the first couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindavall
    how about polysporin - it saved me.

What's that?

Polysporin is an antibiotic in ointment form.
    to be honest, I never heard of it before, I just googled it now out of curiosity.
    I'm personally not too sure how liberally i would be into using such a thing, especially in an area that baby is eating from. But, of course, when its needed, then it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by majikfaerie
    Polysporin is an antibiotic in ointment form.
    to be honest, I never heard of it before, I just googled it now out of curiosity.
    I'm personally not too sure how liberally i would be into using such a thing, especially in an area that baby is eating from. But, of course, when its needed, then it's needed.

Hmm, that sounds like something to discuss with a Dr first. I ended up with the Bravado (which fit perfectly and she said was sooo comfortable and I had to supress an I told you so ), ultra soft nursing pads, lansinoh lanolin, hot/cold gel packs, a bf book (especially good since she admitted that she didn't take the class) and a bottle of water to remind her to drink lots! Ooo, and I also found a cute little onsie at a novelty store that reads "milk addict" - how great is that?

I also found a cute little onsie at a novelty store that reads "milk addict"
    Where did you get it at? Do they come size 18 months?