Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I got a food processor for Christmas!!

Default I got a food processor for Christmas!!

I am so excited about making my own baby food. What foods are good to use in it?

Default Re: I got a food processor for Christmas!!

Just about anything I've used it for carrots, summer squash, winter squash, pears, apples, blueberries, peas and yams. Depending on which speed you use you can get quite a range of consistencies. My LO seems to prefer foods with more texture.

I think many of the members here like www.wholesomebabyfood.com

I steam my veggies or nuke them and just dump the food and cooking juices right in! Works well so far!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

Thanks, I want to try avocados. I wonder if they turn black?

I did avacados w/o cooking them first (would u need to?) They didn't turn black. I also got one for x-mas!!

I made all of my DS's baby food. Avacado was the first solid food he had besides cereal and no you do not need to cook it first. Just cut it open and scoop out the green stuff. At some point it will turn a funky brown but I don't think that really affects the taste

A good book to go by: www.superbabyfood.com
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

ooohhhh i just love my food processor. i dont use it any more since we are on table food.
    apple sauce is oh so easy
    dd loved pears too
    squash
    carrots
    greenbeans
    black eye peas
    butter/lima beans
    plums
    bananas
    LOTS of Avacados
    sweet potatoes by the pound
    mashed potatoes - white
    peaches
    necterines
    i eventually started adding a little EVOO *extra virgin olive oil* to some of the veggies for some more taste

let me know if you need help in figuring out how to make anything. i will email you how i did it. we didnt really buy premade baby food except for when travelling. dd acted like homemade tasted better - and it probably did b/c most of the food came from my dad's garden or the local farmer's market

I made butternut squash in food processor last night and dd loves it, I froze it in a ice tray. The only problem I had was it was runny after I unfroze it.

I got a food processor too! DH went a little crazy with kitchen gear this Christmas! I just made chicken, apple, and carrots (all together) baby food and froze it in jars. Yea - my first homemade meal-type babyfood!

Have you tried freezing it in an ice cube tray then putting it in freezer bags, its so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    I made butternut squash in food processor last night and dd loves it, I froze it in a ice tray. The only problem I had was it was runny after I unfroze it.
    You can add a little baby cereal to it to thicken it a bit if you're not against using it. I think I read banana works well to thicken foods too, although I'm not sure about that combination.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie