Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I would rather nurse"

Default Re: "I would rather nurse"

Yes, I always found it much easier to nurse than doing to whole meal time thing, especially when out and about.

All the food prep and mess....who wouldn't prefer nursing???
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

We are doing some of BLS, but LO actually likes soup! When she wants to eat, she doesn't object to us feeding her stuff from a spoon. As soon as she turns away, I stop giving it to her. I also give her finger foods like a soft carrot, avocado, etc and she eats a bit. Just this week she started making it clear that she wants whatever it is we're eating! The problem is that we eat a lot of wheat, dairy, tomatoes and citrus -- all things that I want to wait until a year with.

I guess I'm also worrying a bit in advance since I have to go back to (part time shift) work when she's a year old and I want to know that she'll be able to survive We've never offered her a bottle and we're not making much progress on drinking from a cup or a sippy cup.

-Reena
    due Mid-March
    Sarah's daughter z"l - Rich's wife b"l - Sarit's (27 March 2007) mother am"v
    Self Proclaimed Baby Wearing Fanatic
    ing our cloth diapers

im so glad im not the only one who feels like this!!!! my daughter is 7 months old and ebf. she has had tastes of fruit juice and ive offered carrot sticks etc (trying to follow blw) but all she wants is boob fab-i couldnt be happier