Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are bf babies just not big on sippy cups?

Default Re: are bf babies just not big on sippy cups?

Our son takes a sippy. He hasn't mastered the straw yet. We had a Nuby, but were shocked to find that the little plastic piece inside broke off! One day I looked at it, and it was hanging my a small thread of plastic. I won't buy that brand anymore.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Default Re: are bf babies just not big on sippy cups?

my dd takes a cup with a straw.
    she goes to a daycare that is associated with ucp. the occupational therapists there work with each kid to develop a cup for them. they "say" that the straw cups are the "best" b/c you are acutally teaching baby a different way to drink - sippy cups with stoppers still require sucking.

anyway, she will drink from straw cup at school - ebm - that i send to school. at home she will only drink water out of the cup...no milk ever, period. she either wants to nurse or take a bottle.

since we are almost at that magical age when her pediatrician is going to say that we should lose the bottle, i dont know what i will do about the not being willing to take a cup.

i am going to keep on nursing after she is 1yo, but i only nurse 2-3 times a day. she needs more milk than that...i know. so, what to do???