Quote Originally Posted by Jordan's Mommy View Post
I was about to make a similar post. I am considering weaning at 9 months, for various reasons. Right now though, I am currently supplementing with 6-8 ounces of formula a day (weight gain issues, pumping issues, and am away from him on some evenings for a few hours.) I feed DS 3 "meals" a day...though....it's more like 2 servings altogether, and I nurse him....a lot. I think it's about 5 times a day, but I have no idea how much he is getting. He is not a very good eater, and I'm thinking it's because he gets full off of milk. I would like to cut back on the milk and feed him solids instead. But since he had problems gaining weight...I'm afraid if I nurse him less, that he will not gain, and my milk supply will be low (which I think it was low before, and that's the reason he was losing weight.) This sounds confusing, but basically....I just want to know exactly how much he should be eating vs. drinking. I think this would just be easier with formula at this point. Especially since I work part-time and don't have a set schedule, and I REFUSE to TRY pumping.....I can NEVER get more than 2 ounces.
I know how you feel. I use to pump and get only 2-3 oz from each side. Now my LO is 5.5mo and he is eating solids. What I have done is this: I nurse him the same amount of times a day (6 times) but I feed him once before his afternoon nap and once before bed time, but always AFTER nursing. This way I know he got the "good stuff" from nursing and some extra nutrients from the food.

Does this make sense?

Let me know... and oh I am a working mom too!

Best of luck!