Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 weeker born 12/19 -- when will my milk come in?

Default Re: 32 weeker born 12/19 -- when will my milk come in?

Sounds like things are looking up. Please keep us updated on your progress. We're rooting for you!

Hi! Congratulations on your little miracle baby!

When I pumped for my 24 weeker, I had to do breast compressions while I pumped, or I got very very little. If you're already doing compressions, give it a try.

my baby was born at 32 weeks as well! i am so glad you got a hospital grade pump- i was not getting much milk at first either but after about the 1st week all the sudden i had TONS! i pumped all through the night and tried at least a few times a day to pump every 2 hours instead of 3 hours- maybe just once or twice- i know you have other children (i had a 14month old when my son was born so i understand the time issues) i also would pump and when no more milk was coming out i would lean forward and shake a little, then start pumping again. did you say if the hospital has a lactation consultant? they can help check out the pump and make sure it all fits you correctly... i ended up needing to get bigger "horns" it was then that my milk really was coming! oh good luck! i know the stress of being with a baby in the NICU and having kids at home- it is a hard road ahead but your little miracle is so worth it! my son will be one year old in less than a month...so hard to believe, and he is still so cute and tiny- 14lbs! he is my tiny little miracle! this is all so worth it- i am amazed at moms who are willing to pump through everything else that is going on- i think pumping was one of the biggest emotional lifts that i had during that time (and the hardest physical part).