Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please Help!!!!

Question Please Help!!!!

My 5 month old daughter will not take a bottle what so ever, even if it has my breastmilk in it. She was taking bottles fine until she recently got sick, now she won't take any formula bottles or any breastmilk bottles. It is a little hard on me because I have to be at the daycare every three hours just to nurse her. The daycare offers her bottles also and still she won't take any. She is eatting baby food just find but no bottles.

I have been trying to pump to get my milk up i have even been drinking mother's milk tea and eating oatmeal to help with it also.

Please any advice would greatly help me out.

Thanks
    Mommy to 5 month old Anna Naomi
    3 year old Jayden Arthur and
    7 year old Briana Dominique

Please feel free to email me because I am a full time college student and may not be on here very often. Thanks

Default Re: Please Help!!!!

Maybe you could try her on a sippy cup. My DD started with hers when she was just about six months and she took right to it. We use the Gerber ones with the two handles and the rubber spout. She picked it right up and used it the first time!!

Thank you . I will try to offer her it at home. I know at daycare she has been offered a cup for about a 2 weeks now but no change. So I will try here at home.

Just wanted to update you on dd. I found a cup that she likes, it is a Nuby cup. She drinks her formula out of there and she will take a bottle now. Don't know how she changed so quickly but it worked. Thank you so much.

Momma_of_three

That is great news! My DS likes the Nuby sippies also. We also started using a straw cup soon after.