Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hahaha... SNS coordination

Default Re: hahaha... SNS coordination

LisaFaith, that is exciting news. I am glad you are seeing evidence in the poops! My son also was able to nurse a little, just not to empty my breasts until we fixed the tongue tie.

http://www.aap.org/breastfeeding/8-27%20Newsletter.pdf

Here is the American Acadamy of Pedicatric's newsletter that discusses the four types of tongue-tie. Some doctors are not at all familiar with the different types and think that if the tie is not on the tip it isn't a true tongue tie. But (as the article says) the further back tongue ties can actually interfere with nursing more than the tip tongue-ties.

Paigekitten,
    you made me cry! Thank you!!! Both for your breastfeeding encouragement and for your homeschooling encouragement. It means a lot to hear that a hs'ed graduate appreciates all the work that mom put into it. It is a lot. There are many days that I ask myself WHY do we do this. But really, I already know the answer. I love being with my kids and letting them learn at there own pace instead of being stuffed into a conveyor belt system (and the amazing part is that when they go at there own pace, they get ahead!).
    Last edited by relactatingmomforthelord; December 29th, 2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: hahaha... SNS coordination

Quote Originally Posted by relactatingmomforthelord View Post
    I love being with my kids and letting them learn at there own pace instead of being stuffed into a conveyor belt system (and the amazing part is that when they go at there own pace, they get ahead!).
    It is so true. I graduated college ahead of all my friends, and they all are having trouble because they didn't truly know how to think for themselves, or initiate their own learning. Their love of learning has been squelched. To really succeed a person has to be an independant thinker, and so many people only know how to sit still and follow directions. (I am not trying to offend anyone... my husband went to public school, and my sister went to high school but this is what I have seen through my own interactions). Only someone who has been part of a homeschooling family in some way can truly appreciate how much work it really is even though it may not look like it!

LisaFaith, it is good to hear that you have had some success with the SNS. Christmas is always crazy, isn't it. I hope the OT gives you lots of help!
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth