Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 months and the questions are starting....

Default Re: 8 months and the questions are starting....

Its good to know others go throught it as well. And yes, isn't it interesting how we are the minority here in the US but the majority in the rest of the world. My husband's family is from Ecuador and the way we are raising Luca is totally normal to them, they don't even know any other way! Anyway, I hope everybody survived all the holiday parties and events with these types of questions/criticisms

Courtney
    Mom to Luca - 4/16/07

I'm glad I found this thread. My daughter is almost 4-months old and the disapproving comments have just started. I was completely taken by surprise that they'd start this early. Has this been others' experience?? For some reason, I expected that comments wouldn't really start until closer to the one-year mark. Oh well, I guess next time I'll be more prepared. (I've been looking up more stats today, so that I can cite the heath benefits to me and baby as well as the ecological benefits.)

I just nod and smile!! My mother in law told me that 1 year was way too long. This coming from the woman who stopped nursing my husband at 13 days and my brother in law at 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by iamamammal View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. My daughter is almost 4-months old and the disapproving comments have just started. I was completely taken by surprise that they'd start this early. Has this been others' experience?? For some reason, I expected that comments wouldn't really start until closer to the one-year mark. Oh well, I guess next time I'll be more prepared. (I've been looking up more stats today, so that I can cite the heath benefits to me and baby as well as the ecological benefits.)
    I have had friends that have had comments since 6 weeks or younger!! It is sad the uneducated people we have in our families!