Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just introducing myself

Default Just introducing myself

Hi everybody, I've been lurking on this board for a few days and I'm ready to come out of the closet now I've been reading a lot of posts, and have been crying tears of happiness to have found women who are going through similar struggles. It's so encouraging to know I'm not the only one dealing with this!

My 6 month old and I have had a bit of a dramatic time with nursing starting at around 3 months. Every time I'd be ovulating or about to start my period, she'd go on strike for a few days. It was stressful and scary every time. I was always afraid she'd wean herself, I'd dry up, etc. It finally came to a head two weeks ago, when she not only rejected the breast, but began biting it HARD. She even drew blood once, causing me to start crying. When she saw me cry, she started crying. Over the course of these three months we've gradually been giving her more and more bottles, until she was only nursing once or twice a day for only about a minute. It was so sad and I decided to give up.

So then, two weeks later I decided that I really regretted my decision, offered the breast, and was shocked when she latched on and nursed happily for a few minutes! I don't have much milk, but have noticed a slight increase in the last few days. I've ordered a SNS, hopefully that'll get here in a few days, and I plan to speak with an LC today. Wish me luck, and good luck to all you strong mamas!

Default Re: Just introducing myself