Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastmilk Stains

Default Breastmilk Stains

Hey there,

I know this isn't anything major, it is actually very unimportant, but does anybody know how to get breastmilk stains out of your clothes. I have little spots on all my shorts from where my daughter dribbles, it looks like oil stains almost. Thanks so much.

Default Re: Breastmilk Stains

Normally, bm doesn't stain. It always comes out in the wash for me and I just use regular old Tide. I wonder if your stains are from something else?

I always soak everything in oxyclean.

Something strange that I noticed was that we my first BF baby I did stain a lot of bras, clothes and sometimes her clothes and bib, they were ver difficult to come out. With my second one I will rarely get a stain and when I do it will come right out when I wash it. I wonder why?

We have a sink in our laundrey room, and I always soak clothes that have milk/poop/spit-up/urine/etc. in the sink with a little Shout, and the milk comes right out. Sometimes the stains seem to be more stubborn than others, so I don't know if it's something I eat that makes the milk more likely to stain or what. HTH.

I have tried stain remover and soaking, It only seems to stain some fabrics, but it is for sure breast milk as it is usually right under her mouth when she has a bit of gas she just opens her mouth and lets it flow out. Thanks for the feedback.

this sounds silly but the sun can fade some stains.

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

We use Biz. Mostly I just add it to the load with the detergent, but for the bad ones, I soak 'em overnight first.

I've heard that the pretreater called "Totally Toddler" works. I, too, have problems with breastmilk stains, but I haven't used the spray yet.

Can you get biz or totally toddler in canada cuz i have never heard of either?