Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: using water to mix is less nutriuious?sippy cup reg

Default using water to mix is less nutriuious?sippy cup reg

Hi,

using water to mix cceral is less nutriuious?i am ebf'ing our son who enetred 7 th month.shud i try formula for him to make up for that nutriotion?
    alos ok o give sippy cup atthis age?

Default Re: using water to mix is less nutriuious?sippy cup reg

you can use juice to mix with the cereal...
    sippy cups are fine at any age..I woudn't start a bottle at that age if you have not already.

I would not put formula in the cereal. Have you tried mixing water and bm with the cereal? My ds loves it with all bm, occasionally I will mix if I don't have bm available when we are out. To be honest though, he DOES not like it with just water.
    My ds is 5.5 mo old and I am already using a sippy cup. He is not great with it, but he always grabs for cups around him. I have even let him had sips out of our water bottles and plastic cups. He loves it. You should use it when you feel like your lo is ready.

breast milk is great for cereal, better than water, obviously. you can manually express enough for cereal easily, you dont need to buy a pump if you dont already have one.

I agree with the pps; breastmilk is the very best choice for mixing cereal. I personally would not use formula, since it's expensive and there is also a real risk of alergies.

You can also mix it with the runnier jar foods like carrots, pears, squash, etc.