Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time poster...need some encouragement and help!

Default Re: First time poster...need some encouragement and help!

Congtast onyour LO. I haven't read through all the posts, but I saw the link to evening fussiness. Our DD had the exact same thing and that link helped a lot. Also, I have OALD and laying back to nurse helped, but it did take a few days before we really saw results!

Hang in there and keep us posted! You are doing a great job mama!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

I have a great update. He's gained 9ozs in 9 days!!!! I am so excited that I could scream! I am really in this for the long haul now. At least I know that he is getting plenty of milk. Of course, this afternoon he had some fussy eatings....but he must have been tired because he is happily sleeping right now.

Thank you all so much for the great help. I promise to stick around and try to help others too. He and I just need to get this down.

I cannot tell you all how much all of this helps me!

I was having a similar issue with fussy evening feedings. DD seemed to be giving feeding cues but would pull off and cry after latching on and then we would keep repeating the cycle because I was sure she was hungry. This could go on for hours. One night my husband decided to put her in the baby bjorn because we were both getting so frustrated and I needed a break. We thought we would just calm her and me down for short period and then continue the struggle. Well she fell asleep really quickly, slept for maybe an hour and then woke up and fed just fine. We realized that even though it appeared as if she was constantly hungry and she would take the nipple, she was actually tired and overstimulated. I have since learned that I was often offering the breast when my little one really needed to be lulled to sleep. It was very hard to distinguish at first. My DD seems to always take the breast if offered even if it is not what she really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccamomof2 View Post
    I have a great update. He's gained 9ozs in 9 days!!!!

WAY TO GO MAMA!!!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

Quote Originally Posted by DianePTmom View Post
    I was having a similar issue with fussy evening feedings. DD seemed to be giving feeding cues but would pull off and cry after latching on and then we would keep repeating the cycle because I was sure she was hungry. This could go on for hours. One night my husband decided to put her in the baby bjorn because we were both getting so frustrated and I needed a break. We thought we would just calm her and me down for short period and then continue the struggle. Well she fell asleep really quickly, slept for maybe an hour and then woke up and fed just fine. We realized that even though it appeared as if she was constantly hungry and she would take the nipple, she was actually tired and overstimulated. I have since learned that I was often offering the breast when my little one really needed to be lulled to sleep. It was very hard to distinguish at first. My DD seems to always take the breast if offered even if it is not what she really needs.
    Wearing your baby can be a great comforting tool to get through the evening fussies! Dr Karp also has some info on the 5 S's, and these REALLY work.

http://www.biawa.org/baby/baby.htm

on your daughter's weight gain! I can feel the relief and pride in your post.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)