Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: He only nursed 3 times today :-(

Default He only nursed 3 times today :-(

So lately I've been realizing DS isn't nursing as much. I'm not happy with it but I don't hate it either. He will be 11 mo in a few days and I'm so happy we made it this far! We've been trying to cut back a couple of his nursings at night by letting him nurse up until 10 pm then not again until 2 am. As I was becoming the 'evil ******' lol. He's been eating more solids so I know he's not hungry I'm just not ready for him to wean yet! On the other hand he nurses more or less constantly (more for comfort) from about 5:30 am to about 9:30 am, but after that only 3-4 times until 2 am lately. Not sure what the point of this is...just needed to tell someone who wouldn't just shrug and say 'he is almost a year you know'.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Default Re: He only nursed 3 times today :-(

and

You guys will figure it out as you go! In a perfect workd, how long do you think you would go?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
    and

You guys will figure it out as you go! In a perfect workd, how long do you think you would go?
    Another year if I could, I don't really want him to wean, but I know that it's going to happen eventually. When he was born my world changed, I no longer believed I was going back to work at 6 weeks and I knew 6 mo of bf'ing just wasn't enough for us, so it moved to a year... then at 6 months I decided I wanted to let him nurse for 2 years. Then now it seems almost as if he's suddenly going to quit on me.

~Meg~
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

i hear you on the 6 months. at first i thought i wasn't going to make it 6 weeks. then i told myself i'll do this until he's 6 months. now i don't know when i'll stop. like you said, i guess when he decides to stop. but i can see your sadness at 11 mos. maybe he's just going through a little phase? he might not be done, right? does he drink from a sippy cup and could you pump? i'm asking in case i end up in the same situation!

Michael was EBF until he was 7.5 months.. then I started some cereals, fruits etc.. I think the first 7.5 months was harder and more demanding with regards to pumping, making sure he had enough milk..

By 11 months, he slowed down and now he drinks regular milk and BF as much as he wants to when I am around.. about 3-4 times per day and once during the night
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

I just wanted to reassure you that a child can nurse 3Xs per day for years! He may not be ready to fully wean yet either

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

Thanks ladies!

No he won't drink from a sippy cup. He'll drink from a bottle or an open cup, not sure i'm ready to give him what I can acutally pump in an open cup yet! I do hope he continues nursing for a while longer. We just got home from a long car ride and this is his 2nd nursing of the day so already better than yesterday!

~Meg~