Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she getting enough?

Default Is she getting enough?

My baby is 3 1/2 months old and has been exclusively breastfeeding for about a month and a half. We got off to a rough start and were pumping and giving ebm before that. I also had a low supply and was supplementing in the begining until i could keep up with her. Anyways my question is now that she is nursing on demand i no longer pump except when i am away from her which isnt long as she wont take a bottle, we havent been to the doctor in awhile YAY (i remember being at the doctor often with my FF son) im not sure she is gaining weight. She seems very happy and content but i cannot find anywhere how many wet/dirty diapers she should be having at this age. She usually goes 2-3 days in between poopy diapers and has about 3 on the days she goes, and maybe 5-8 wet disposables a day. Is this enough ? Thanks

Oh and babies do know best!! My LO decided the same weekend i was about to stop pumping that she didnt want bottles anymore all she wanted was ME! and that was after not nursing at the breast for 2 months

Default Re: Is she getting enough?

Her output sounds fine to me, my son only pooed once or twice every few days also. Don't worry, eventually they'll double in size and frequency (ick).

Sounds like you are doing great! Here is a LINK that may help you out.

Congrats on sticking with everything!!! What a great story!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Thanks, it hs been sorta difficult since ive started back at work. My DH has to bring her to me while im there lucky i work so close and have a great boss, its not to bad tho i only work on the weekends.wish i could get her to take a bottle again for the weekends. or a night off

That is so great that you get to BF while you are at work. How wonderful! Where in TX are you? I am in Dallas.

Oh,

I am in Houston. My parents live somewhere in dallas. Ive only been there once and the roads were crazy, if the car didnt have gps we would have never found anything. We panicked if we had to get off the main Highway. Is it really like that or were we just lost cause we werent used to the roads?

I think Houston is much worse! My friend down there is mad that I never come to visit. Drivers are too crazy! But that is what she says about Dallas. I guess it is just what you get used to. I have lived here my whole life & it is impossible for me to get lost.

My boss is wonderful, i work at a senior living community and all the residents love when i bring the kids so that may have some to do with it, i dont get to hold them much when i have them there, i guess thats why my son is such a people person he has been going there since he was a little baby and being passed from person to person, he will just walk up to anyone and hug them people in the grocery store , walking down the street, . Im not so fond of houston either, drivers are pretty crazy i make my hubby drive most of the time. ahhh vacation, im sitting in a hotel in austin right now nice not to be at home, even if i had any urge to clean i cant someone came and cleaned our room this morning i love it, i wanna stay here always.

Wow girls, I live in Durant, OK which is about an hour and a half northe of Dallas and 4 hours north of Houston. My MIL lives in Kemah, so I travel through both cities regularly. I have to say, Dallas is worse than Houston. It is better now that they've finished the construction!!

which one has finished construction? seems like as soon as they finish something on one highway they start on another and it goes on forever. haha our kids were born the same day. 9-3-07 8lbs 9 oz 19 1/2" . today is the best im not at work im not at home my son is with my husband im in a nice hotel room with a sleeping baby oh the life.