Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe I don't know how to bf....

Default Re: Maybe I don't know how to bf....

Yep, all the PP are right on! My DS, 6.5 mo doesn't sleep through the night, and I really don't expect that he will for a long long time.

He nurses one breast per session usually, always has and is certainly thriving in the weight department.

He also began waking more frequently around 4 months. It's beginning to settle down now, but it really depends on the night, and how the teeth are feeling.

He also did the nipple chewing thing when he began teething. He now has 2 teeth and very sweetly unlatches and chews his blanket during nursing. He's only bit once and I didn't like it!

So, you don't need to worry, sounds like your LO is "normal", you are BF correctly and those people whose babies sleep through the night...whatever. Your baby needs you in the night and that's not a bad thing.

Most days I take one nap with my DS, and I go to bed around 8 or 9, getting up between 5 and 6. I think I get more rest now than when I was pregnant.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Default Re: Maybe I don't know how to bf....

Wow, girls... Thank you so much...

I think it is just so different from when I bf my DD, 10 yrs ago.
    I bf her for 18 months (9 of them -exclusively), and never remember questioning myself then.
    I remember I was 23 yrs old and most of my friends were still just 'hanging out'-no kids, etc.--so then, it was more 'astonishing' that I was using my breasts for feeding my child than using my breasts for getting felt up....

I would never stop bf'ing for feeling a bit discouraged, but today was one of those days where I really needed some comaradarie with 'how' I feed. I rather enjoy the fact that he needs me. And my comfort-- whatever that means.

He is such a happy, joyful and delicious little boy. In fact, my DD was a unbelievably happy and plump little breastfed girl....

I guess I never really thought of other mothers' being competitive; yet now-I believe some sizing up has been going on.... and that makes me sad.

Thank you all for comforting me in my time of need.
    I really do feel like I am a good mama and have started to believe that the reason my children are so happy and healthy, has a lot to do with not just the fact that they are breastfed; but the kind of mama I am to them......

You girls are the BEST.....
    Becca