Ds is 14 mo and lately has been wanting to eat solids all day long. He literally seems to want a snack every 10 min. He still nurses lots (6-10+ times in 24 hours), so I'm not sure what the deal is with all this demand for solids. We offer 3 meals a day, but he doesn't give us a chance anymore to offer snacks, since like I said he is demanding them so often.

The thing that really concerens me is that we are so broke right now (dh has been out of work for months) that we often don't have the money to actually buy foods like fruit and veggies. He won't usually eat much veggies anyway, but he does love fruit like bananas and will usually eat 1/2-3/4 of a banana all by himself if he can. I feel really bad when we don't even have bananas to offer him. Anyway, I was wondering what we should do on days that he hardly eats any fruit and veggies (maybe 1-2 servings if that). Do we let him eat more rice, bread, etc to make up the difference in calories, or do we just expect him to nurse more?

He looooooves grain products such as crackers, rice, bread, etc and would probably eat 20 servings a day if we let him. I just don't think that's healthy for him, but often that's pretty much all we have in the house.