Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to do as gently as possible (long)

Default Re: How to do as gently as possible (long)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKat View Post

My DH had a hard time with BF at first, we don't know anyone who BF more than 3 months, so he has definetly come around. Just needs to keep being reminded how great BF is.
    Maybe as your DS moves through the next 6 months and possibly starts waking more at night for teething, milestones, etc., your DH might come to appreciate what a great benefit BFing is for working through those tough times. IMO, 10 minutes of BFing at 3 am is so much better than an hour with an upset teethin lo who can't sleep. Possibly he doesn't realize what a great "trick" it is to have in your pocket

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

Quote Originally Posted by deliamom View Post
    Maybe as your DS moves through the next 6 months and possibly starts waking more at night for teething, milestones, etc., your DH might come to appreciate what a great benefit BFing is for working through those tough times. IMO, 10 minutes of BFing at 3 am is so much better than an hour with an upset teethin lo who can't sleep. Possibly he doesn't realize what a great "trick" it is to have in your pocket
    Oh boy, if my son starts crying in the night my DH will be the first to tell me to continue nursing!

I am pretty sure that my DS will get the length of nursing he needs as my DH above all else wants to ensure DS is happy.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Sorry if this sounds *****y but I'm hormonal right now and I don't understand why some people, your husband included apparently, feel the need to interfere with the perfectly natural, beautiful, mother/child nursing relationship. Your husband sounds more like a "baby" than your son! If he feels threatened by other peoples comments about "mama's boys" maybe he should grow a pair and tell them where to go instead of making you do something that you and your baby may not be ready for. I'm sorry, I don't mean for this to sound like I'm yelling at you I just get so tired of women being second guessed all the time. We are mothers and we know our babies! I hope for your and your baby's sake that you don't wean until you and your LO are ready. You can't get this time back!

Quote Originally Posted by lionsheart View Post
    Sorry if this sounds *****y but I'm hormonal right now and I don't understand why some people, your husband included apparently, feel the need to interfere with the perfectly natural, beautiful, mother/child nursing relationship. Your husband sounds more like a "baby" than your son! If he feels threatened by other peoples comments about "mama's boys" maybe he should grow a pair and tell them where to go instead of making you do something that you and your baby may not be ready for. I'm sorry, I don't mean for this to sound like I'm yelling at you I just get so tired of women being second guessed all the time. We are mothers and we know our babies! I hope for your and your baby's sake that you don't wean until you and your LO are ready. You can't get this time back!
    Thanks lionheart!
    That'shat I keep saying, let him be a baby while he is one.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years