Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: In case I needed a reason...

Default In case I needed a reason...

to keep breastfeeding after 6 months.

My 11 month old son has been fighting a virus since Monday night, has had a fever of 102 F and hasn't been able to eat a lick of food since it started. If we weren't breastfeeding, I don't know what I'd have done the last three days to comfort and feed my baby!!

Default Re: In case I needed a reason...

Exactly My son had a terrible stomach virus in September and I felt exactly the same way.

Hope your LO feels better soon. You are a great mama

Thumbs up Re: In case I needed a reason...

Thanks! He's still sick. I hope tomorrow will be better. At least I can still get some nourishment in him. He's still refusing all solids and even pedialyte.

I'm right where you are, but DD is 21 months old. She threw up last night and refused everything except breastmilk until just now, when she asked for cookies. (And I gave them to her.) I hope your son feels better soon!

Phew. After 5 days, he is finally starting to feel better! The fever is down, some of the other symptoms have lessened. He's now got an ear infection (his eyes were swollen shut last night, but with drops, they are much better too), and his rash has made a reappearance, and he's on all kinds of various medicines for the various symptoms, but he's finally starting to act a little like himself, smiling, crawling and cruising, grabbing at things. His appetite is still almost zero except for breastmilk though. I managed to get him to eat a small amount of oatmeal today. Normally he has a voracious appetite for solids. I am convinced that if we weren't still breastfeeding, we'd be in the hospital right now, with him hooked up to an IV for fluids and nutrients.

Momma1, I hope your LO is feeling better by now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melsod View Post
    Momma1, I hope your LO is feeling better by now!!!
    Yeah, she is! Thanks for asking. She just had a 24-hour bug. I'm convinced it would have lasted longer except for the breastmilk miracle cure.

I'm so glad your babe is feeling better. Sounds like he caught a really bad bug! Kudos to you and your moo-juice on fighting it off.