Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething question

Default Teething question

I don't know where else to post this and I cannot find any info surfing the web...so maybe someone can help me out. My 9 1/2 month old son just cut his 9th tooth and it is directly behind another tooth! This cannot be OK. I am worried that this may cause him some serious pain as it begins to push up more. Right now it is just the tiny little tip. Plus because it is not where it is supposed to be, it is rubbing me when he nurses...ouch! Someone please make me feel better about this. All I can think is that he isn't even a year old and the poor baby is already going to have serious dental/orthadonic issues.

Default Re: Teething question

I remember some of my adult teeth doing something like this when I was a child. They actually straightened out on thier own, and I didn't need braces.

As for nursing, I don't know what to suggest. Have you tried adjusting his latch to see if you can find some position that is more comfortable for you?

Default Re: Teething question

It was on the bottom and I think he had adjust his latch because it was bothering him because his tongue should have been covering it. I think he has gotten use to it becaue I am not feeling it anymore. I am still worried about the crowding of his teeth. His ped office say it could have to be extracted. Oh, well. It doesn't seem to bothering him too much any more. Thanks!