Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pumping directly into born free bottles

Default Re: pumping directly into born free bottles

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    OK. OMG!

I just called the Born Free customer service, and asked them if there is an adapter available for their bottles.

I was told that it is still in production, not yet for sale, but they will mail me some for FREE. All I had to do was give them my address and they are mailing me the adapters today!

Here is the phone number: 877-999-2676

Now, that is some serious customer service. I am on cloud nine right now! Please pass the word around!!!!!
    Just curious to see how well the Born Free adaptors work with the Medela PIS?

I just received the adaptor from Born Free, almost 2 weeks after I ordered them. I screwed them into the Medela flanges and they seem to fit ok. Next step is to test them out and see if they work well. I'll post my results Monday night.

Results:

The Born Free adaptor works well with the Medela flanges. There is this indentation for, I'm asssuming, your thumb to sit when you grip the adaptor while pumping. However, the position of the indentation is only when the adaptor is on the left hand, not the right! The only other thing I didn't like about them is that they are a bit long and you lose some milk since it sticks to the sides (every drop counts!).

I hope this helps those who are debating on buying them.

Unhappy Re: pumping directly into born free bottles

I just talked to a Born Free cs rep and she said the adaptor will work on the basic Medela pump, not the Advance models- of course we have the PIS Advance model.

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has figured out the Avent ISIS/born free issue?

Will the adapter work with the Ameda Purely yours pump?
    The Medela bottles fit this pump so I would guess yes?