Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pumping directly into born free bottles

Default pumping directly into born free bottles

hi ladies,

well, we just got a shipment of the born free bottles (switching from avent) because of all this BPA stuff. i used to pump directly into the avent bottles with an adapter that avent made.

even though the born free are also wide mouth bottles, the adapter doesn't fit my medela pump in style.

does anyone know of an adapter that i can get so i can pump directly into the born free bottles? anyone know where i can buy it? i didn't see any on the medela website, and the "mybreastpump" website by babytalk is sold out.

right now, i'm pumping into glass bottles while at work, and transferring milk into born free bottles when i get home. too many bottles to wash.... i'm desperate to get my hands on an adapter.... thanks!

Default Re: pumping directly into born free bottles

OK. OMG!

I just called the Born Free customer service, and asked them if there is an adapter available for their bottles.

I was told that it is still in production, not yet for sale, but they will mail me some for FREE. All I had to do was give them my address and they are mailing me the adapters today!

Here is the phone number: 877-999-2676

Now, that is some serious customer service. I am on cloud nine right now! Please pass the word around!!!!!

yay! i was just looking around for this same thing!!
    we are switching over from avent to born free as well.. i am so over having to transfer the milk from 1 bottle to the other.
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3

Looks like these adapters are available online now. Can anyone confirm whether they are compatible with the Avent ISIS IQ pump?

Hi there,
    I came here looking for an answer to the same question:
    So, does anyone know if the Born Free bottles (or any other glass or BPA free bottles) are compatible with the Avent ISIS pump??
    (I know the Avent Via disposibles are supposed to be okay, but I prefer not to use disposibles...)
    Thanks!!

I do not know. Has anyone called Born Free's customer service line to ask?

Well, I did call and neither person I spoke to at customer service could tell me - both thought I could do it with their breast pump adapter even though I explained to them how this made no sense since the Avent bottles are wide like their own (not narrow like Medela's)....

Oh well... has anyone out there tried to pump into Born Free bottles from an Avent pump??

I wish I knew the answer. I love my Avent Isis and I'm thinking of trying the Bornfree bottles, but not for a few months.
    Do you have any Avent bottles? Maybe you could take them to Babies R Us and compare the mouth size to the BornFree. Next time I go to BRU I will do this, but I'm not sure when I'll get there.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Well, I did call and neither person I spoke to at customer service could tell me - both thought I could do it with their breast pump adapter even though I explained to them how this made no sense since the Avent bottles are wide like their own (not narrow like Medela's)....

Oh well... has anyone out there tried to pump into Born Free bottles from an Avent pump??
    I did call customer service to try to confirm this, and to my surprise, they said yes it would work.

Ordered them, just arrived, and as I suspected they DO NOT work with the avent pump. The pump connection is much wider on the Avent pump than the adapter. I've emailed customer service (their hours are closed now) to get a refund/response.

This isn't good...I am having the same issues.

Lalaw, Born Free told me (i talked to 3 different reps) that the adaptor would work with the ISIS IS Uno (not the advanced)...is that the case? Or did yours not work?