Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bored and need ideas!

Default Bored and need ideas!

So we've been doing the solids thing for a while now and i think we need some new ideas! So far DS has had (and here goes the list)

Chicken
    Buffalo
    Pears
    Peaches
    Apples
    Mango
    Green Beans
    Yogurt
    Unsalted crackers
    Organic Apple cereal bars
    Organic apple cinnamon graham cracker sticks
    Beef (not a favorite)
    Bananas
    Oatmeal
    Applesauce
    Pickles
    Pasta
    Rice
    Spaghetti sauce
    Potatoes
    Orange Bell Pepper
    Turkey
    Cranberry Sauce
    Just recently a few bites of string cheese
    cheerios

What else can he have at 11 months old? I was going to give him egg yolk but the dr said we should avoid them for a few more months at least because my mom has a severe egg allergy.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Default Re: Bored and need ideas!

cottage cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, blueberries (these are a fave), beans (all kinds), hummus, avocado, sweet potatoes....mmmm, now i'm hungry!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

At 11 months old my daughter was self-feeding table food. We just cut it into tiny pieces and made sure it was soft enough to be gummed.

If your son likes pickles, maybe he'd like pickled herring? DD has been wanting it for breakfast every morning recently. I figure herring is full of Omega-3 fatty acids, so why not? (Besides the salt and sugar content, and the fact that it's kind of gross when she rubs it in her hair!)

Forgot! he's had avocado, sweet potatos, and hummus. he's not a fan of avocados and hummus too much though.

DS is allergic to strawberries, are blueberries stil okay?

As for pickled herring... I can't do it! I feel bad that there are some things he may never try because of my insane gag reflex.

~Meg~
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Quote Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
    As for pickled herring... I can't do it! I feel bad that there are some things he may never try because of my insane gag reflex.
    I TOTALLY understand. Pickled herring is gross. But delicious.

Blueberries are totally ok - very different than strawberries.

My DS loves dried blueberries, and we get bags for frozen blueberries and add them to his yogurt or give him some straight out of the freezer.

At 11 mo you should be able to start moving your DS to "regular" table food, avoiding of course any possible allergens that you're worried about.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Connor eats what we eat, and did at 11 mo minus the no no's.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Quote Originally Posted by lsksam View Post
    Blueberries are totally ok - very different than strawberries.

My DS loves dried blueberries, and we get bags for frozen blueberries and add them to his yogurt or give him some straight out of the freezer.

At 11 mo you should be able to start moving your DS to "regular" table food, avoiding of course any possible allergens that you're worried about.
    Woo I LOVE blueberries we might have to go get some frozen ones this weekend! Ive been worried about berries after his strawberry reaction!

He pretty much eats what we eat, I held off on tomato sauce until recently it was all we had in the cupboard (haha I forgot to go shopping!). guess I'll start letting him try a few more things!

~Meg~

Nora usually eats whatever we're having (keeps us eating healthier!). Her current faves include bean and cheese quesadillas, turkey cold cuts, chicken in any form, chili (stinky farts!!), all kinds of fruit, and cheese pizza.

She used to like veggies, but lately enjoys throwing them overboard more than eating them.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Squash, mine eat like 20 different kinds of winter squash plus yellow squash and zucchini. Pumpkin, pomegranites, beets, peas, lamb, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips, orange or yellow carrots, cottage cheese, tofu, and other grains (millet, quinoa and amaranth naturally have a lot of iron, and things like bulgar wheat, kasha and barley are also tasty, add in wheat germ and milled flax seed for added nutrition and taste variation).