Originally Posted by Angitay View Post
We have NO food allergies in our family so I thought that I would give Alli a bit of peanut butter on bread when she was about 15 months old. Bad idea. She only ate about a half inch square with just the tiniest amount of peanut butter and she had a fairly bad reaction. First she broke out in a rash around her mouth. Then she got a runny nose and her eyes puffed up and got puffy. She seemed to be able to breath just fine so I never took her to the ER but the symptoms lasted like 4 hours. Poor thing. I would wait as tempting as it is.
Have you had any follow up with your pediatrician or an allergist?
I don't want to scare you - but the next time she accidentally has some peanut the reaction could be worse. With your DD having a known peanut allergy - you may want to consider having an EpiPen Jr for her. Even if you are super careful with what she eats, accidental exposure could come at any time.
I was freaked out when I was handed a prescription for DS for an EpiPen Jr because of his food allergies. But now I really appreciate having it "just in case".