Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: friend needs help

Default Re: friend needs help

How is baby nursing today? Is he having plenty of wet and poopy diapers?

Is mom still engorged? Is she using RPS? Is she using the engorgement management techniques?

I wouldn't recommend to nurse off only one side. If she isn't nursing that side (and isn't expressing) things could get tricky. Was your friend able to get in person help?

http://www.lllalmsla.org

I would think that its best to get the baby at the breast as much as she can..
    up to 12 times in 24 hours is fine.
    If baby is still loosing weight or staying the same weight she might need to pump some to bulid milk supply... the 1st couple of days of pumping she might not get much milk at all.. if the baby is at the breast thoose 12 times during the 24 hours. did that make any sence?
    ITs important to build supply if baby needs suppliments and she doesn't want to give formula.

Haven't heard today she must be sleeping.

Thanks so much for everyones help. I tried to get her to log on here but shes still too tired I think.

Just talked to her she is doing better but neglected the left breast since yesterday so now shes pumping that side and got two ounces. Which is great for the first time pumping. Someone told her the milk in that breast would be bad and not to give it to baby till she got it out?Is that true ? I never heard that. I am so proud of her for sticking with it

nope its just fine...

"Someone's" that don't know what they are talking about should mind their own business. That milk is fine!

thats what I told her, this was info she got from a lady thats a nurse for l&d

glad to hear she is doing better she pro needed some rest and that you are helping her is making it not so stressfull tell her to keep it up

Is your friend in AL, too? If so, she can find a leader through this site: http://www.lllalmsla.org She can call her closest leader (or anyone on the list, really) and she would be glad to help.

Best wishes to your friend!