Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How often?

Question How often?

I am currently in the process of going back to schhol and my lil guy is going on 3 months old. I have been trying to nurse so hard but it's just become so difficult. I still want him to have breast milk though. So, how often should I pump if it's going to be exclusive?

Default Re: How often?

Ohboy,

If you would like to talk about your breastfeeding difficulties, we're here for you. Don't be afraid to tell your story and ask questions.

Breastfeeding directly, when possible, is the best option. If it is simply no longer possible, then the first thing to do is get a really good pump. It's best to have a pump that was designed for maintaining milk production levels. Then, you can start off with pumping at least as many times per day as your baby nurses. As you get used to the pump, you may find that you are able to decrease your total pumping sessions while maintaining your milk production levels.

If you need more info, please LMK!

Jolie

Default Re: How often?

THANKS! I'M NOT SURE BUT I THINK I AM HAVING A SLIGHT PROBLEM WITH OVER SUPPLY. HE STARTED OUT NURSING REALLY WELL AND NOW IT'S LIKE HE WANTS TO NURSE BUT WILL NEVER STAY ON THE BREAST. HE KINDA SPUTTERS AND CHOKES AND THEN OTHER TIMES HE WILL STAY ON AND DO FINE. THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME HE IS PULLING OFF AND THEN DOESNT WANNA LATCH BACK ON BUT SEEMS HUNGRY STILL. I AM AFRAID HE IS GETTING OVERWHELMED BY TOO MUCH MILK. I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET HIM TO STAY ON THE BREAST AND NOT FUSS. IM GETTING JUST AS FRUSTRATED AS HE IS!