Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no pain last night!

Default no pain last night!

For the first night in many, many weeks, I wasn't in pain or engorged. I'm so happy I thought I'd share & thank those of you who have been supportive through all this. I hope this means that my breasts are finally starting to do what they're supposed to do, but even if not, one night is better than none.

Default Re: no pain last night!

YEAH!!! That is great that you didn't wake up in pain! I am so happy for you, I know what that feeling is like!! Hopefully it keeps going like that and your body has finally regulated! Congratulations!
    Wife to the man of my dreams! 10/10/98

DD Kiara 4/00
    DD Moriah 12/01
    DD Senja 2/06

Thankful to be a stay at home mom and homeschooling mom!

So glad to hear things went well last night!

Keep us posted...

Brava! I hope that first pain-free night marked the turning of a corner on this problem -- you have REALLY endured through a long, hard struggle with the nighttime engorgement.

Was your husband sorry to see the last of the cabbage leaves? (j/k) Your humorous asides about him and cabbage always cracked me up.

--Rebecca

Well, we had two pain free nights and last night I was engorged by 3:30, but - it didn't hurt too much and the baby woke up for a snak then anyway. So I hope this really is a turning point.

Rebecca - DH doesn't miss the cabbage too badly. I've actually been using cold packs and I think they're helping.

So I had two pain free nights last week - well, actually I haven't had any painful nights since, but only because DS is no longer sleeping through the night and wakes up so upset he needs to nurse. Sheesh, just when I was starting to see some improvement from my insane engorgement, he stopped sleeping. He had been sleeping 8+ hour stretches for two whole months. Perhaps it's just a phase he's in or maybe it has to do with the horrible exema that has him scratching furiously -poor thing! But I'm sure once he starts sleeping through again, I'll be back to the engorgement. Sigh.

Argh -- isn't it always like that? Just as you figure out the solution to one problem, it disappears and another one comes to take its place.

Sorry to hear about the ecsema (sp?) -- sounds miserable.

--Rebecca