Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cereal not agreeing with dd2?

Default Cereal not agreeing with dd2?

I started dd2 with rice cereal last week. I gave it to her once a day every other day. I have noticed she is spitting up more, but it is not cereal it is bm. She sips her cereal just fine and looks for more when she is done. But the next day she is fussier and spitting more than usual. Is that a clue the cereal is not agreeing with her? Not sure I never had this problem with the other two kids.

TIA

PS ~ She is also going through a growth spurth that is causing chaos with her feeding schedule. Her times for eatting are so off and the time is even further from off. I nipples are so sore feeding her on demand and fighting with her.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Cereal not agreeing with dd2?

Rice cereal makes my DD spit up. About an hour after she has it she projectile vomits. If the cereal is the only "new" thing, that is what I would suspect! How old is she? There is a lot of research that suggests that most babies intestines are not mature enough to eat solid food until closer to 6 mos. Maybe this LO is just a little more sensitive to things.

HTH

She is 4month tomorrow. She does not spit up after feeding only after nursing. I forgot to say I have a huge supply of milk all of a sudden she nor I can keep up. I mean dude I just pull my bra down and milk sprays every which way. She does not even have to wait more than 1min. for LD. I am wondering if the increased supply the reason also and part of the spitting up.

Thanks I think I will stop the cereal for a few days and see if she gets better.

If you have an over supply of milk, what is the reason for the introduction of cereal this young?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    If you have an over supply of milk, what is the reason for the introduction of cereal this young?

the average age is 4 - 6 months, doubled birth weight, shows signs of interest, has control of head....Plus she seems never satisfied(sp) by bm alone. Is there a different rule for bf babies? My older two were ff and I started dd1 at 3.5 months and ds at 6months for health reasons. My ped told me not to start until she is 5months. I think she said she does not worry when bf babies start food vs ff babies.

Otherwise, no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    the average age is 4 - 6 months, doubled birth weight, shows signs of interest, has control of head....Plus she seems never satisfied(sp) by bm alone. Is there a different rule for bf babies? My older two were ff and I started dd1 at 3.5 months and ds at 6months for health reasons. My ped told me not to start until she is 5months. I think she said she does not worry when bf babies start food vs ff babies.

Otherwise, no real reason.
    Actually, as the PP mentioned, there much research that shows that babies aren't mature enough for solids of any kind until at least six months. Beyond that BM is really the only food your child needs for the 1st year of life. The introduction of solids at 6months is really for fun and exploration not nutrition. I'm not sure how your child can seem unsatisfied on milk alone if you are overproducing. That seems more like a projection left over from when you weren't sure you could do this. With your 3rd goal looming right here, it's safe to say you CAN and DO make enough milk for your baby!
    However, as she continues to grow she will need to continue to need to up what you produce. So just continue to feed her on demand. Cereal is not needed this young for sure and honestly can be skipped altogether when you begin solid foods. (It's not even on LLL list of 1st foods).

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks ~ dh told me to stop the cereal until she is 6months also (my next goal).

I think she is unsatisfied(sp) because she is always always waiting more to eat. She is forever hungry.

I get so confused with her. I still cannot believe today is 16wks.

Well she is getting bigger. Don't worry any minute now someone is going to turn the whole world on and she will be popping off your breast every three minutes and you'll be worried she isn't eating often enough. Congratulations on making it this far. Keep up the good work!

Way too lazy for formula

Here's some more info incase you find your self with a spare moment to read it

LLL pages on first foods & solids readiness
    Kellymom link for first foods
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Just wanted to say congrats on your 4 month goal today! I KNOW that you can make it to 6 months!!!

Mommy to Clayton Christopher born 8-18-07. And our new addition, Porter Lee born 12-10-08!
    Wife to Jeremy since 4-23-05

Dove Chocolate Discoveries
    Independent Chocolatier # 6740
    MoreChocolatesPlease@gmail.com