Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Parenting Magazine extended breastfeeding poll

Default Parenting Magazine extended breastfeeding poll

If you go to the link below and scroll down to "Mom Debate" this month's topic is "Do you think it's a good idea for moms to breastfeed for more than a year?" If you have strong opinions or want to be quoted in the magazine you can vote and speak your mind. The voting so far is 35% in favor of extended breastfeeding and the rest not in favor of it.

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Parenting Magazine extended breastfeeding poll

I'm so saddened by the current results... UGH! So much ignorance out there...

Jacqui

Can't find the bit you mean.

I went to the link and didn't see it... tried to search for it... didn't find it...
    Can you copy the page link please...
    I would love to add my 2 cents...

Try this one.....http://parenting.aol.com/parenting/onlyonaol/. I just tried it and it worked. The Parenting Magazine homepage one has a different question now.....

For some reason whenever I vote nothing seems to happen...I want to see the results! Very frustrating.

Thanks Maureen for that link
    I went and voted and also sent and email to give my 2 cents

Here is the results as of 4:20pm EST Thurs 1/26:

Do you think it's a good idea for moms to breastfeed for more than a year?
    56% No 3,543
    44% Yes 2,801
    Total Votes: 6,344
    Note on Poll Results

You know what? I stumbled in to this debate the other day when I got a free Parenting issue from Toys"R"Us, it was the May issue. The results were 62% thinks it's a good idea and 38% that is not. The comments on the No side really got on my nerves, you know do your homework before passing judgment.

From the No side one of them said that if they wean from formula at a year we should do it too (yeah right); another one that by six-eight months they got plenty benefits (says who) and that moms can connect in other ways; and the last one that they need to drink from a sippy cup at ten months so they can learn hand-to mouth coordination so they can learn to drink on their own (hey, our babies got the coordination to latch on their own, how about that for independence) and if we want our kids to drink BM for us to pump and give it in a cup (whatever).

The Yes side only talk about the closeness, they coulded talk about health benefits, especially when a Tod get sick and can't drink or eat anything else, or mention WHO and how kids from places that BF is the norm, self wean in an average of 2-7 years of age. Anyway, but at least people is beginning to accepted better so that's good.