Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Noisy sleeper

Default Noisy sleeper

2-month-old dd has become quite the noisy sleeper the past week or so. She always made some noise while sleeping but it seems she is much more vocal lately, to the point where I can't distinguish if she is awake or asleep. I think I got up 4 times last night ready to feed her, only to find her sleeping in her crib. I even asked dh to get up last night too to look. She squirms a lot too, has hand in her face which ped says is her self-soothing. Is this normal? When does her sleep start to normalize?

Default Re: Noisy sleeper

My daughter, who's almost 4 months, is a very noisy sleeper-she starts the night off in her crib in her room. I turn the monitor down so that she really has to actively cry before it'll wake me. This way, I know it's time to feed her, rather than laying there listening to her just being noisy!!

Default Re: Noisy sleeper

I know what you mean! My 7 week old grunts all night long, "fake" cries and makes sounds like she is trying to get comfortable. She is doing it right now through her nap!

I thought at first I needed to continue feeding her, but she was actually asleep. My husband wants to move her into her own room and I cannot do that yet. I know that it would help him sleep better, but for me, the one getting up all night to feed her, it is a horrible idea. She is up every 2 hours from 1am on - that would just be too hard at this point. So, we just deal with the grunting!!

Good luck - I hear, just like bfeeding, that it gets better with time. They are only this young once!