Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HOT Flashes, night sweats, decreased supply

Angry HOT Flashes, night sweats, decreased supply

Help! I am experiencing hot flashes , night/day sweats and a decreased supply. I called my midwife for advice and she said it sounded like decreased estrogen. Any tips? She suggested increasing my soy intake. I am 9 months into breast feeding and have not started my period yet. My daught just started sleeping through the night a month ago.

Default Re: HOT Flashes, night sweats, decreased supply

Since your daughter just started sleeping through the night (and therefore nursing less) your body could be preparing for ovulution/menstruation. This would follow with the hormonal changes you are experiencing, and the dip in supply, which lots of moms experience at the start of their periods.

This shouldn't last forever and increased nursing should help with your supply issues.

Let us know how things are going!

Thumbs up Re: HOT Flashes, night sweats, decreased supply

Thanks, Kate. Life is better one week later. I am on an increased dosage of Vitamin E which has helped to decrease the hot flashes/shivers and night sweats! I have been drinking a quart of mother's milk tea and a quart of rasberry leaf tea to try to increase supply. It has helped somewhat. I work and pump so it is difficult pumping right now. When I can bfeed I do and that helps a lot. I am not letting down as easily when pumping. I will continue on with the teas and hope that I balance out soon. My daughter is 9 months but I don't want to stop bfeeding yet. I will let you know how it works out.

-Wendy

Default Re: HOT Flashes, night sweats, decreased supply

Glad to hear things are better for you Wendy!

Take care,