Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaned 25 month old son!! =D

Default Weaned 25 month old son!! =D

I'm really excited that finally after 2 years of BF.....I'm done =D
    I started working part-time at night (5PM-10PM) and my husband is home more to take care of our son and he eventually weaned himself (Since I wasn't home 24/7 like before when I was a SAHM)....I'm so proud of my little guy...he still sleeps through the night and there hasn't been any problems with night waking etc. I'm just so happy because I never thought he would wean himself since he was soooooo attached to nursing that I thought I would be nursing him until he was 4 years old lol......

Default Re: Weaned 25 month old son!! =D

You've given me hope!

Congratulations! It sounds fairly painless for you....I can only hope!

Way too lazy for formula

Weaning isn't as scary as I thought it was going to be.....I really wanted to wean my son when he turned one....but I thought is was going to be such a battle that I ended up weaning at the age of two. Looking back.....I should of just weaned him at one year...but oh wells. In my opinion....ever since he started to wean, he has become more independent too......he actually plays with all of his toys and he isn't so clingy to me anymore. I just feel like we are starting a new journey together of him being a "big boy" and I'm just really happy. Finally after 2 years of waking up every 3 hours.....I can finally get 8 full hours of sleep. =D

Wait....if you had it to do over again, you would have froced him to wean before he was ready? Why?

Way too lazy for formula

I never forced my son to wean early.....I started working nights and I wasn't home to nurse him to go to bed etc......my husband was home and he had to get used to daddy being there for him at night, while mommy was at work.