Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Frequent night nursing?

Default Frequent night nursing?

My lo is now 7 weeks. During the day he can go for about 3 to 3.5 hours without nursing. However at night he is up usually 1.5 to 2 hours after I put him to sleep in order to nurse again. Will he naturally grow out of this? Is there something I can do to get him to nurse more during the day and less at night? It actually seems like he is up more often at night now than he was a few weeks ago. Thanks!

Default Re: Frequent night nursing?

You can try offering more often during the day and see if that helps. If he is willing to nurse every couple of hours during the day it might help at night. It's certainly worth a try.

try offering more often during the day and see if that helps.
    This helped us.
    I will offer Alasdair the boob every couple of hours, if not more---and he's about 5 1/2 months old. I find the more he 'stocks up' on calories during the day, the less he eats at night.

That said, I also think I have a night nurser.

Good luck. Offer, offer, offer---
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Hey there

My DS is 4 months now and he eats every 11/2- 2 hrs in the day and for the last wk has been up every 2 hrs at night to nurse. Might be a growth spurt I have always tried to offer boobie often during the day in hopes he'd sleep better at night. Like pps said "its worth a try". Good luck.