Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: growth spurt already??

Default growth spurt already??

My DD is now 5 months and one week. She had been sleeping throught the night (mostly) since about 8 weeks All of a sudden she is wanting to eat 2-3 times at night!!! Could this be her "six month" growth spurt already?

There are a couple of other things that changed in the last week, could these have triggered this?:
    1) I switched from a stupid Evenflo pump to a PISO. But, if anything, this should help increase my supply, right?

2) I had to go on my first business trip and was away for 1.5 days. Grandma and Grandpa came while I was gone and then stayed for 5 days. Could this change in her days have triggered this?

I don't mind feeding on demand at night, but it has thrown me off, especially in terms of my eating habits -- I am famished by the second time she needs to eat at night! I guess my body got used to mostly sleeping through the night...

Anybody else experience a similar change all of a sudden???
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

Default Re: growth spurt already??

Will hit a huge growth spurt at around 5 mo. I thought I was losing my mind, he nursed every two hours at night.

We had a rough time between 4 and 5 1/2 months, but no growth spurt at 6 months. I think he had it early, inamongst all the other stuff that was happening.
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!

It must be a growth spurt because last night she wanted to eat at midnight and 3:30am again!

Her 3 month growth spurt lasted more than 2 weeks, so I guess I am not getting an sleep for another week or so
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09