Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump or wait on nature?

Default Pump or wait on nature?

It seems dd2 is going through a growth spurt and is not eatting as often. She was about every 2 - 3 hrs until 7pm then she will go her long stretches. Anywho, now she is 4 - 6 hrs and I get sooo full. I know I should pump when I get really sore to avoid issues. However, should I pump at the times I think she should eat to avoid milk loss? Not sure if I worded my question right. I am just concerned she takes less naps but sleeps longer when she does go to sleep. She nurses longer when I get her to latch. I did give her some cereal last night and you thought I gave her gold. She showed all the signs of being ready and she loved it.

Anywho, time for me to go and clean and play with the older two while waiting for dd2 to decide she wants to eat or not.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Pump or wait on nature?

I'm not sure if I totally understand your question. How many times a day is she eating? If you are worried about keeping your supply up, I would pump. The less she nurses, the less you'll make. And along those lines, cereal will make her want to nurse less, and then you'll have less milk. I always made sure to nurse before offering solids to my lo to make sure he was getting enough. hth

Default Re: Pump or wait on nature?

Thanks....I think I counted she nurses about 7times and range from 5 min - 45min. The 45 min feedings are at about 730pm and then again at about 1 or 2 am. The rest of the time is it 5min - 20 min. She can always count on wet diaper and she is pooping once - twice a week.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.