Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm really upset...What should I do?

Default Re: I'm really upset...What should I do?

You've received some great advice from pp's - I would just say that if your current dentist isn't receptive to you continuing your bfing relationship that you may be able to seek a different dentist who will be.

Paula
    Mom to Cody 2/3/92
    Mommy to Kaeden 10/06/06

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    Nursing and night nursing DO NOT cause tooth decay. Here are some resources on healing tooth decay naturally. I just want to say that logically, this is absurd. Humans have evolved on breastmilk as the perfect nutrition, so it is NOT POSSIBLE that it could CAUSE something so common as tooth decay. What causes tooth decay is poor nutrition, either from eating the wrong foods or having a digestive/absorption problem that prevents the body from accessing the nutrients. Also toxins (heavy metals, environmental contaminants) can block nutrient absorption. Please read up and educate yourself on how ignorant dentists are of what actually causes tooth decay. They would put themselves out of business if they actually tried to prevent it. (Ironic, isn't it?)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=529174
    http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...7&Origine=2674
    http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=399989
    http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/
    http://www.curetoothdecay.com/
    http://www.westonaprice.org/bookrevi...deception.html
    Wow, that is a lot of information to take in...very overwhelming for me to read this and take in right now. But thank you for sending me the links. Some of the info in these links suggests that my son may have poor nutrition. I am very strict about his diet. He receives an almost all organic diet of fresh fruits, veggies, and meats, no white flour, sugar or wheat, never had an ounce of formula in his life...no junk really except for the 1 cupcake that he ate a little of at his first birthday. So to hear that he may be malnutritioned is crazy news to me, especially since he is thriving so beautifully, has never had so much as a cold, and is the happiest baby you'll ever see......I will read this over again in the morning when my mind is working properly In the meantime, I will try to stop obsessing over this because I know that the more negative thoughts you have about something the worse it becomes.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Oh, and by the way I am definitely NOT WEANING!!!! Thanks ladies.

Yes it is overwhelming...sorry
    One thing at a time, I guess.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Healthymama, thank you again. I am actually going to make an appointment with a holistic nutritionist for myself and the baby and begin taking the cod liver oil and butter oil combination. I have never taken cod liver oil before and see that it comes in different flavors. Do you have a specific preference or brand? Also, the butter oil (i am going to attempt to make it if I can find a high vitamin butter as suggested) because that X-Factor Gold one is pretty pricey!
    I have also found a holistic dentist right next door to my job! So that works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb's mommy View Post
    Healthymama, thank you again. I am actually going to make an appointment with a holistic nutritionist for myself and the baby and begin taking the cod liver oil and butter oil combination. I have never taken cod liver oil before and see that it comes in different flavors. Do you have a specific preference or brand? Also, the butter oil (i am going to attempt to make it if I can find a high vitamin butter as suggested) because that X-Factor Gold one is pretty pricey!
    I have also found a holistic dentist right next door to my job! So that works out well.
    Wow! Good for you!

I know, the butter oil is so pricey , I haven't brought myself to buy it yet. I don't remember what brand of CLO I have, but I think it's the same one that makes the X-Factor Gold. I've also heard Carlson's is "approved".

I just buy the plain. I'm afraid if I got a flavor it would be too strong and would go to waste. It is very...well, pungent, so you pretty much have to mix it with something. A lot of people do orange juice. I think grapefruit juice hides it better. Some LOs will actually take it straight.

My DD doesn't have any tooth problems but I am nervous it will happen since I haven't been diligent with the supplements, or my own diet. I really need to get on the stick!!

I hope you're able to get things cleared up soon!

(Can you tell I'm having fun with smilies today?!)
    Last edited by healthymama; December 7th, 2007 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    My DD doesn't have any tooth problems but I am nervous it will happen since I haven't been diligent with the supplements, or my own diet. I really need to get on the stick!!
    I am sure she will be just fine!

I actually got a call from my Uncle today (my mom's brother) and he told me he had the exact same issue when he was a child with his teeth. So it just may be that there is some genetic factor involved just like the dentist said. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Seb's mommy View Post
    I am sure she will be just fine!

I actually got a call from my Uncle today (my mom's brother) and he told me he had the exact same issue when he was a child with his teeth. So it just may be that there is some genetic factor involved just like the dentist said. Who knows?
    Keep reading. According to Weston A Price, the nutrient deficiencies get worse and worse each generation, but the decay itself is not genetic.