Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Leche League

Default La Leche League

I am new to the board and I'm not sure where to post this, so I apologize if this is not the correct place.

My family is moving to Indiana and I've tried contacting the local LLL leaders down there with no answer. I hope to make a connection since I am not familiar with the area and would like to have some local help once we move.

Can anybody on here help? Thank you.

Default Re: La Leche League

Please feel free to private message me too, I am anxious to get help. Thank you!

keep trying this is a busy time of the year for leaders, kids home from school and vacations and such.. if you leave a message they will try and get back to you

Oh good point. Thanks Andrea!

Where in Indiana?

Southwestern, north of Evansville.

If you don't hear back from the local Leaders within a few days, then it is fine to contact Leaders in other areas of Indiana. They may know what is going on with the Evansville group, or have another way of reaching those Leaders.

--Rebecca

Yeah one thing i found when we lived in Washington was that Leaders changed a lot - and the website was not up to date. Even here in New MExico - the LLL leader's email was not updated - but her phone worked.

In Washington I called Leaders in other cities than where I lived, and many calls later finally found the local new leader. Stick with it!! I would also private message people here with a LLL in their user name - they can probably help you.

Thank you for the replies!

The LLL leader left a message on my voicemail this morning with some information. Unfortunately she was very cold and not very friendly in her message. It has really turned me off about the League down there. I am very nervous about moving in the first place (since I do not know anyone) and now I'm feeling a little worse.

How sad.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a negative interaction with a Leader. I know how that can make a person feel unwelcome.

Try to remember that people may sound different when they are talking on the phone -- especially to a machine -- or that she may have been having a hard week or something. Also remember that although the Leader represents LLL, she's not the group itself. Everything with LLL is done by volunteers, so in a very real way, the group is the people who show up and get involved.

Even if you and this one Leader don't click and can't be friends, there may be some perfectly lovely moms attending that group. I moved to a new state when my son was a baby, and it was so much harder than previous moves had been -- but getting involved with LLL really helped me create a network of friends that became my new community. I hope you will give them a try when you get down there -- and in the meantime, these forums can be a good place to get information and support, albeit at a distance.

--Rebecca