Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to get in touch w/ a LC and how much for it?

Default How to get in touch w/ a LC and how much for it?

Hi ladies! Anyone know how I can get in touch w/ a LC in my area? I would like her to look at my nipples since I am concerened w/ having flat/inverted nipples. Also does anyone know around how much LC's charge for their services? Thanks!

Default Re: How to get in touch w/ a LC and how much for it?

Hi Sarah,
    Have you tried finding a LLL leader in your area. Some will come to your home if they are available, and you can't beat the price...they're FREE!.
    Good luck.
    Jill
    Wife to Steven, mom to ds Noah (11), ds Oliver (4), dss Peter (11), Linus (2), and 2 in heaven.

Buy Eco-friendly Handmade at GaGa Bum
    Blogaholic ~ SERENITY NOW!

Smile Re: How to get in touch w/ a LC and how much for it?

I'd try this -- It's a International Registry of IBCLC's -- http://www.iblce.org/international%20registry.htm

You may also try your local phone book but I'd suggest making sure that whoever you go to is an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).

Good luck!

Most of the lc's here work at the women's centers or the hospital nurseries. You might try calling the hospital or women's center where you are. The ones at the women's center where I delivered are free and available as long as needed.

Christie

Hi, my first thought is your midwife/OB can do the "pinch test" to see if your nipples are inverted.

My experience is a private LC is much more accessable and personable than the LCs at the hospital. It would be a good idea to talk with someone before the birth, then you'll have a contact if there are any problems.

The LCs I worked with charged only for in-home visits. Consultation over the phone was free. The fee can be submitted to a flexible spending health care account.

Good luck!