Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Often Four Month Old's Nurse?

Default How Often Four Month Old's Nurse?

Hello all, I know this will vary from baby to baby--my son is four months old and I was wondering how often others who have four month olds are nursing per day and about how many oz's they are taking in? Thanks!
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

Default Re: How Often Four Month Old's Nurse?

My first daughter used to nurse 14 times a day at 4 months.
    My 4 month old is currently nursing between 6 and 8 times a day.

As for how many ounces, we have no clue, it goes straight from my boob into them and there is no way to measure.

Based on my experience, every baby is certainly different and this is quite a range just with my two.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Sort of hard to tell how much they eat in oz if you are breastfeeding. But Will was eating every hour and half day and night. A good range for a baby who is packing on weight is between 2 to every 3 hours.

My 4 month old nurses between 8 - 12 times a day, sometimes more, but never less. No clue on how much she takes in, since she doesn't take bottles and we've never weighed, fed, then weigh again

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

When Logan was 4 months old he nursed a tad less during the day but would nurse a lot at night. It was at least 7-8 times total though with a few days of more nursing and a few days of less nursing. It was an odd month because he really started noticing the world around him plus he started teething, so nursing was a bit 'off' until we hit our rhythm again at 5 months.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Did you ask that question because you are feeding expressed milk? Would you like a milk calculator?

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    Did you ask that question because you are feeding expressed milk? Would you like a milk calculator?
    I unfortunatley/fortunatley am working and my son is with a Thank GOD!!!! a excellent and caring child care provider so of course because of this my son is on bottles but as soon as I see him and pick him up we nurse the rest of the day and evening. Although, I must say he still nurses so often and so long that sometimes I have to have my husband give him a bottle but it is usually midnight or later. He has a very strong suck and his latch is hit or miss sometimes--but even with all this being said it is well worth it. My Nicolas is growing so fast--I am already starting to miss when our nursing will come to an end
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

My dd is 4 months and takes about 2=4 ounces when she has a bottle. And nurses 8 plus times a day.

My son (5 months) eat's about 3 4oz bottles while I am gone. (9 1/2 hrs) My husband is good about stretching it out, b/c if he wanted more I would have a very hard time pumping enough. We just nurse lots when I get home and during the night.

here's more info
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Hi Ladies

I was going to post asking a similar question. My LO (Little One?? I am new to this board) only nurses about 5/6 times a day and that includes her 10.30pm feed. Now I am worried I am not nursing her enough??? She is 14 weeks old?