Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Very Fussy From Gass

Post Baby Very Fussy From Gass

Please help! can any one give me advice on what to eat. my Daughter has been great up untill 2 weeks ago. SHe has been havign such bad gassss that she cries for an hour at a time adn the gas meds do not help, well we think it is gas, there is no other reason she would be crying. She gets a little better if we hold her on her tummy, but it does not take it away!!!

i am not eating anythign that i would think would hurt her or that is different from what i have been eatign in the past. Might it be something else? any suggestions would be great.

Default Re: Baby Very Fussy From Gass

I use a gripe water called Colic Calm. It's been a SAVING GRACE to say the least! My son used to scream for hours. He had horrible gas pains, allergic reacton to cow's milk (although I didn't know that at the time) and horrible reflux issues. I found Colic Calm, bought one bottle and it worked on contact! The second he started one of his "episodes" I gave him just a half dose. I heard his belly make some funny noise, and w/in second he calmed down and feel asleep in my arms. I bought 5 more bottle right away. We started it at about 6 weeks old, he's now 3 months and I just purchased another 5 bottle (came in the mail today!). I live in Missouri, they're ordered from California, and it only takes 3 days to get here. I was a little leary spending $20 for the first bottle (they're cheaper if you buy more at one time), but it was the BEST $20 I'd ever spent!!! Like you, the Mylicon drops quit working. This was my only hope! I HIGHLY recommend it. And my ped said it was okay to give to him. The website is ColicCalm"dot"com.

OMG, i am going to order them ASAP. My LO has a DR app tomorrow so i am going to ask. Thank you so much, i was thinkign i was eatign something wrong or i was doing somehting wrong!!!!!

You may want to check Walgreens or other pharmacies in your area. I got "Baby's Bliss Gripe Water" from walgreens for under $15. There was a recall on this type at one time, but the affected ones should be long gone by now.

Our pediatrician swears by Gripe Water, says it's the best product out there for gas and colic - and it is! Mylicon stopped working and gripe water works tons better then the mylicon ever did.

Just wanted to point out it may not be something you'd have to order online.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Gripe water IS amazing stuff...it calms my son w/i minutes. There are loads of different brands out there; Colic Calm is a 100% organic kind. If you DO choose that brand, be aware that it might turn your baby's poop black (temporarily). If you don't know that, it can be a shocker! We've used Baby Bliss too and it works equally well.

Also, my chiro told me just yesterday about Hyland's Homeopathic Colic Tablets. I guess they're tiny and dissolve really quickly. He says they worked beautifully on his kids. It's fairly inexpensive ($4.99-$5.99 for 125 tablets and you use two tablets at a time). We haven't tried it yet, but my husband is picking up some on his way home tonight. One reason I want to try the tablets is that it's hard (on me!) to give my baby gripe water when he's screaming...he starts to gag and sputter on the liquid!

Good luck!

My friend told me to use onion tea. It WORKS, is cheap and you make it at home so you know what is in it. Just take either half of a large onion or both halves of a small onion and boil it, cut side down, in 1 cup of water for 20 minutes. When it is done pour the liquid in a bottle with 2 teaspoons of sugar and let it cool. She said the usual dose is 2 ounces. She used it for her daughter who had a cow' milk allergy, colic, and reflux that almost required surgery, and it worked!!
    Last edited by kayden's mama; November 30th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

Before you get the gripe water, do some research, there was a big recall on it.

Can you tell us more about your baby, like how old she is and some of the recent things you've been eating?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Smile Re: Baby Very Fussy From Gass

Addyson is goin to be 9 weeks old on sunday, all the things i have been eating are the same, nothign new. I do eat eggs, peanut butter, i know they have lots of protein which may cause it, but i did not think that would be it because i woudl always have them. i did go to the Dr. adn she did say the colic calm was okay to give the baby. i did order it, so we will see!

was teh recall on colic calm or the baby's bliss? i will look into it.
    Last edited by Little Addy; November 30th, 2007 at 08:46 PM.

the recall was on babies bliss apple flavored, and i think was limited to a few geographic areas. i bought some babies bliss about the time of the recall and it was not the apple flavor. the recalled stuff should be all gone now, but you may want to avoid the apple flavored, if that makes you feel safer.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by iamamammal View Post
    the recall was on babies bliss apple flavored, and i think was limited to a few geographic areas. i bought some babies bliss about the time of the recall and it was not the apple flavor. the recalled stuff should be all gone now, but you may want to avoid the apple flavored, if that makes you feel safer.

good luck!

I'm assuming it would say it was apple flavored right? My bottle doesn't say apple on it anywhere and smells like black licorice. Also, I checked on the recall when I first starting buying Baby's Bliss Gripe Water and ours has been completely safe.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07