Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: soilds at 5months??

Default soilds at 5months??

Hello Ladies,
    My LO is 6 days away from being 5 months old and yesterday we seen her ped for for 2nd set of shots. He went on to tell me now is a good time to begin introducing rice cereal with a spoon? Are we there yet? I also feed on demand so do I pump out milk and mix it? Can I save the left overs? How many times a day am I suppose to feed her the rice cereal?

Sorry so many questions?
    Help,

Thanks,
    Sophia Lauryn
    25 in" long 14pds (seems right?)

Default Re: soilds at 5months??

Hi, Natasha—
    I wrote a similar thread entitled (well, i gave him...).
    My boy is just over 5 months and we just gave him some rice cereal yesterday.
    A few mom's commented. You might be interested in their comments.
    I'm doing some reading today
    ... mama to alasdair jonas, fifteen days late and (finally) born all natural on june 24, 2007.

check out my organic baby goods: www.inkpony.etsy.com
    and coming along with using cloth dipes.yay.

Here is a link to some good info. Disclaimer: I don't agree with all of it, and you have to totally ignore all the breastfeeding info. But the nutrition info is spot-on (IMO). Skip down to the 4th heading titled "Is cereal the best first food?"

http://www.westonaprice.org/children/nourish-baby.html

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

I started my LO on rice cereal when she was 4.5 months. We just went really slow, she is sooo into food. I would just say that as long as LO is still nursing as much as before, they are fine. Mine is almost 6 mo. already and still only gets some rice cereal mixed with a fruit or veggie in the morning. She nurses NO LESS than before.... even though that might be nice (she still nurses every 2 hours!!) I used to pump and mix with rice, but she actually likes it better mixed with water, I think mixed with BM confuses her!! Feeding solids is pretty much just for fun right now, she prefers the booby to anything!!!
    Jennifer, wife to Brian, 4/4/06
    Mama to Jake, 9/10/02, Jaime, 6/11/07
    Joey and Jason, 12/20/10