Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: green watery poop

Red face green watery poop

Hi
    My DD 5 month old has a green watery poop and she strains so much for that poop to come out she even throwed all she ate.Does any one has any idea what may be causing this ?She is in lot of pain whenever she does that.For each drop she keeps straining a lot.Is thsi food allergy/infection ?

I give her rice cereal once a day..I'm pumping and giving her milk during daytime and BFing during nightime.She gets supplemented with formula if she finishes bottle.She takes around 2-3 ounce every 3 hours.

Anyone has similar experience like this ?
    TIA
    Mangai

Default Re: green watery poop

I am not positive that this is the issue, but it could be that since she is not quite 6 months (and some babies need to wait even longer), she may not be tolerating the solid food well yet. It could also be the mixture of all of that and the formula. Did you notice that this started after she started solids or the formula? I guess I need more specific info about when this started and when you started solids & formula.

I kind of introduced formula and cereal at same time because I did'nt have enough milk for her.I was exclusively BFing for 3 months after that I did'nt get much time to pump so usually pump 1 or 2 times a day and after that I started giving her cereal and formula in the evening since the milk was not sufficient.

Are you pumping during the day because you work outside the home?

I agree that both rice cereal and formula can be terribly constipating to some babies.

I don't think its constipation.Because its kind of watery and she strains a lot for each drop of BM.I'm just concerned about the end watery geen poop she is having.

my ds got this when he ate avocado, along with a rash around the anus, which i took as clear sign of sensitivity/allergy. as soon as i stopped avocado, his bowel movements became normal.

Smile Re: green watery poop

My daughter had that same poop, and I had to stop all wheat and other foods with gluten. It went back to the normal brown stool. It also ended up she was allergic to milk. I would stop the gluten first and then try all dairy. She was not good with soy either.