Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New Here!!

Default New Here!!

Hi ladies,

I've been reading your stories and I'm hoping that I to will be able to succeed in supplying bm to my 3 1/2 month old son.
    I'm scared that it won't work.
    I work fulltime so I have started in the last couple of days to pump 3 times a day at work and bf my lo when I'm home. HOwever I know that there isn't a lot b/c he gets very fidgety after about 5 minutes.
    In fact I pumped this morning and got from both breast 1/4 of an ounce and athe same just now.

Ladies, will this work?!?! I can't do a nursing vacation b/c I work fulltime and the weekends are hectic as well, what can I do. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never be able to just ebf. As it is I couldn't in the beginning which is why I resorted to the formula. It just seemed like he wasn't getting enough and I gave in decreasing my milk supply. But I so want to be able to give him bm and maybe have enough to just bf.

I'm just frustrated...sorry about the venting!!!!

Default Re: New Here!!

I started relactating for my son when he was 3 months old. If you pump and nurse frequently, it will happen. God designed you to feed your baby. And he gives second chances, too!

If you are already getting 1/4 oz on each breast (or even 1/4 oz total) you are on your way! It may not seem like it, but your body has already got the message that you want milk. If you decide breastfeeding is a priority, you can relactate while working FT. But save as much of your evenings and weekends for baby as you can. Your son will only be a baby once. Slow down and enjoy him as much as you can. You are ahead of many of us who started with a baby who refused to nurse.

Keep at it, doggedly. And you will get more milk!
    Last edited by relactatingmomforthelord; November 29th, 2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: more to say