Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need links/help

Default need links/help

A fried of mine started her 4 month old on solids because her doctor said that it'd help with the reflux. Anyone have links to dispute this? Anyone have any other links that shows that early intro to solids increases risk of allergies.

Help!!!!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: need links/help

my favorite resource on why delay solids
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Default Re: need links/help

www.reflux.org I can't recall off hand if there's anything in the reading room specific to solids, but we talk about them a lot on the forum. One of the issues that comes up frequently is how common it is for reflux babies to also have allergies, so starting solids too soon can be problematic. The other issue -- the reason I have just barely started solids with my lo -- is choking, which lots of little refluxers do more easily and with more problematic results than other lo's. I would suggest that your friend register on the forum there and ask for advice -- there are tons of moms who have been through so much with their babies and are excellent at sharing their experiences, as well as links to more information.