Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't help it...I'm a nervous nelly! (And what to do about veggies?)

Default Re: I can't help it...I'm a nervous nelly! (And what to do about veggies?)

Quote Originally Posted by lsksam View Post
    My DS definitely does not like plain foods. We've had the best sucesses so far with him eating basically what I do (although I've toned down my cooking a bit so it's not as spicy). DS loves italian pasta sauce (with lots of onion, garlic & basil), udon noodles, eating basil directly from the plant (in the summer).

We've started to do his veggies with olive oil or margarine & garlic powder and a little basil or oregano.

I ate lots of garlic while pg and bf - so we think that DS is used to having garlic flavored amniotic fluid and breastmilk

DS will not eat anything that is bland! I gave him some unseasoned chicken the other night and he pushed it on the floor and reached onto my plate and took my garlicy-semi spicey chicken and went to town with it!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Default Re: I can't help it...I'm a nervous nelly! (And what to do about veggies?)

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzomama View Post
    The latest training suggests that you never do a blind sweep in the mouth/throat for choking, as used to be recommended. Apparently there were toomany incidents of damage caused by that. Check out the American Heart Association recommendations -- they were just updated this year. But I do agree that mama instincts go a long way!
    Yep - talked to my cousin earlier (SHE is a firefighter ) and it is true that the sweep in the mouth is no longer being taught in the Rescue Breathing courses.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
    DS will not eat anything that is bland! I gave him some unseasoned chicken the other night and he pushed it on the floor and reached onto my plate and took my garlicy-semi spicey chicken and went to town with it!
    Hey - I read somewhere that we SHOULD do this if lo wants to try it out. I read that often lo's will want to eat the type of foods mom ate when pregnant. Does anyone else know about this? I wish I'd introduced more spices to my dd1 when starting solids. Maybe she'd like more foods that way? Or, maybe she's just a typical 2 year old and won't eat much of anything (but noodles [sigh])?

Amy