Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: low milk supply??

Question low milk supply??

Question...how do you know if you are experiencing a low or dwindling, milk supply? are there specific "symptoms" to be looking for?
    does it have anything to do with the amount of milk you are able to pump? does the fullness, or lack of, in your breasts have any bearing?

i'm asking bcause i'm fearing i will "dry up" before dd is one year (my goal for keeping her on bmilk). she is only 11 weeks! i want to prevent this from happening if I can. thanks a lot for any advice, personal experiences you can offer! by the way, i am working right now 4 days a week for 6 hours and I am able to pump once during this 6 hour day then nurse at home. so far, wet and dirty diapers are up there and she is closing in on 13 lbs...so she is doing fine so far...my fear is this schedule of mine will cause me to hurt my milk supply...so looking for any experiences you can share! thanks.

Default Re: low milk supply??

The only true way to know that supply is low is to watch the baby. If baby were to slow/stop weight gain and diaper output was not normal, then that would be a concern. Other than that, things can vary so much.

Some moms are able to pump lots of milk, others not so much. A softening and lightening of the breasts is normal as the months go on.

Try not to worry too much and just watch your daughter! As long as she is ok, then things are fine! If you come across a stumbling block along the way let us know!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks...will do!

I was just thinking too the baby might reverse cycle and eat more at night to make up for being away from you during the day.. if you know this can happen maybe that will help. Some babies sleep at night for 6 hours and do just fine.
    you can do it!