Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced

Default Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced

I broke down and bought the Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced...WOW!! My output doubled (from the Pump-in-Style Original). Woo Hoo!!

I work full-time, so the extra milk is essential.

I promise, I'm not getting paid by Medela ;-)...but I will be singing their praises all day.

Default Re: Medela Pump-In-Style Advanced

I agree!! I have a Medela PIS at home and a PISA at work. I bring my work pump if I travel b/c it is sooo much better!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

OHHH! This is soooo not good to hear. I have a PISO and want a PISA SOOOOO badly! Is it normal for people to have way better results with the advanced? I would love to know . . . and maybe convince hubby to invest? I doubt it though!!!

I also have the PISA and upgraded from the single electric and it seems my supply has decreased a bit since, but I am also a bit sick. I am trying to figure out what in the world is happening!
    Do you or anyone that has good experiences with the PISA always double pump? And how long was it for it to increase your output?
    Christine
    lots of for the cloth dipes!
    Sara Elizabeth 5.25.04 and Holden Joseph 10.18.07

Wife to Eddie. <3

I always double pump, and pump for about 20-minutes.

Sorry that you're getting less milk. Have you tried to stop and restart? Also, if you have multiple let downs then it may take you longer.

Hi - Sorry to hear about less milk. I too use the PNSA and have had very good success. I experienced a similar loss of milk when I changed pumps from a cheap, single pump to the PNSA. My LC explained this is often due to your body adjusting to a new pumping experience. She told me to breastfeed and/or pump often (every 2 to 3 hours) to help increase my supply during the transition. She also fitted me for a proper sized breastshield. I suggest you talk to an LC to make sure there are no other problems.