Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost here....so emotional :)

Default Almost here....so emotional :)

We are just under 2 weeks from officially being here and I just couldn't resist sharing dd's burgeoning vocabulary especially with what happened last night. Lots of words suddenly came bursting out literally in the last week, from bee and owie to duck...but then the most wonderful thing happened at bedtime last night. DH read to her and brought her upstairs to nurse before sleep, she sat waiting on our bed for me and as I layed down, she patted by breast, smiled and said "boobie". It continued all today too. I have no idea why, but it made my heart so full of joy and love and I teared up so much. It was the kind of moment that gets imprinted in your mind forever. Maybe because I see how much value our breastfeeding relationship has brought to both of us, this one word means so much to me to be heard aloud.

Although I had been trying to encourage the word "milk"--thinking ahead of a toddler pulling my shirt saying "boobie", I'm just so thrilled to be joining the beyond one club.....let the "boobie, boobie, boobie" fest commence

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

Default Re: Almost here....so emotional :)

Awwwww how sweet is that. My DD is just 3 days older than yours, but I'm thinking I'll have to nurse her until she's at least 2 if I want to have a talking nursling. lol. She still has zero words (but does "talk" all the time. :P).
    Andrea, wife to Tim, mama to Lydia, born 5 December '06 (weaned at 28 months, ) Benjamin Luke born at home 5 days late on 10/10/09

my Blog . . my Play Food

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
    Awwwww how sweet is that. My DD is just 3 days older than yours, but I'm thinking I'll have to nurse her until she's at least 2 if I want to have a talking nursling. lol. She still has zero words (but does "talk" all the time. :P).
    We had zero words up until just last Tuesday...then an explosion all at once like a switch just turned on in her head. Hmmmm....makes sense now that I think about how much she was waking in the couple weeks before

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

so cute - love it. I am sure my ds will say boobie too b/c that is how I refer to them congrats on the warm fuzzies - thanks for sharing

That's so cute. My son holds my boob and shakes it up and down and then says "boob", so funny

My sweet one's first sentence (said to her grandma while pinching my nipple) was "This is a breast"!
    SO FUNNY!

Quote Originally Posted by deliamom View Post
    We are just under 2 weeks from officially being here and I just couldn't resist sharing dd's burgeoning vocabulary especially with what happened last night. Lots of words suddenly came bursting out literally in the last week, from bee and owie to duck...but then the most wonderful thing happened at bedtime last night. DH read to her and brought her upstairs to nurse before sleep, she sat waiting on our bed for me and as I layed down, she patted by breast, smiled and said "boobie". It continued all today too. I have no idea why, but it made my heart so full of joy and love and I teared up so much. It was the kind of moment that gets imprinted in your mind forever. Maybe because I see how much value our breastfeeding relationship has brought to both of us, this one word means so much to me to be heard aloud.

Although I had been trying to encourage the word "milk"--thinking ahead of a toddler pulling my shirt saying "boobie", I'm just so thrilled to be joining the beyond one club.....let the "boobie, boobie, boobie" fest commence
    I cant believe December 8th is next Saturday!!!!!

My baby boy will be 1!!!!!! No words yet, just alot of babbling, SCREAMING, and shaking head NO!!!!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Congrats! We've only been here for a few weeks, but I still can't believe it!
    Amber, mama to

Henry 11~13~06
    Allergic to dairy, soy, egg, peanut, all tree nuts, wheat, barley, potato, chickpeas, pea

Georgia & Miles 7~7~10

That is so cute! Must have made your heart melt!

My son is 15 months and still no words as yet, but when I lay down to BF him, he does smile and give a little chuckle, am waiting for the moment he can express himself!

Helen

I don't know what it is about making 1 year of BFing and continuing that feels so special. Maybe it's because you can look back at all you've been through and now it seems so natural and easy? Maybe the thought of the upcoming battles to be had with those who just don't understand extended BFing? I do love a good argument (shoulda been a lawyer), but I think it feels so great because I see every inch and ounce on her that has come from my body with love and has served her so well, how can you possibly consider stopping such a great thing.

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10