Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Do LLL leaders come out to homes?

Default Do LLL leaders come out to homes?

Do LLL leaders do home visits? Do they charge? I've had such issues with BF and have seen numerous LCs to no avail. I've also talked to a LLL leader awhile back by phone but didn't think to ask if she would do a home visit to assess latch. Do they normally come out? How much do they charge usually? Thanks!

Default LLL leaders and home visits

Do LLL leaders do home visits? Do they charge? I've had such issues with BF and have seen numerous LCs to no avail. I've also talked to a LLL leader awhile back by phone but didn't think to ask if she would do a home visit to assess latch. Do they normally come out? How much do they charge usually? Thanks!

Default Re: Do LLL leaders come out to homes?

Some do. It never hurts to ask if she could come to your home or meet you somewhere. They don't charge at all. Totally free.

HTH!

You could always attend a LLL meeting- everyone always ends up nursing at them and there would be lots of mommas that could help you if you're having problems!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Hello! I'm sorry you've had so much trouble! I have made home visits, I am not in the position to do it easily (I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old so I have to wait til DH is home in the evening) but sometimes I will if I think it will help for me to see the baby's latch. Some Leaders are able to do them if their kids are older, or they have a baby who would happily hang out in the sling, and some don't. We aren't required to do them, it's kind of an optional thing.

I agree with coming to a meeting. The Leader there will be able to check your latch.

Default Re: LLL leaders and home visits

Hi,

I've made home visits, sometimes I will if I think that seeing the baby's latch will be helpful. Not all Leaders do them as they are not required by LLL, and some are not in the position to do them because we have little kids. I can do them sometimes after DH comes home from work. They are free, since we are volunteers. Have you been to a meeting? If you let the Leader know you're having trouble, she will be able to check your latch after the meeting if you want.

It doesn't hurt to ask. With my second I let my LLL leader know I was having troubles (I had meet her at the meetings I attended while pregnant) and although she wasn't able to come out (she had a cold and didn't want to get my baby sick) she had another leader come out instead.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: LLL leaders and home visits

I should also mention, that I've invited moms to come to my house too, if I'm not able to get to them. Sometimes that works out better if it's during the day and I have nobody to watch my kids.