Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the BFing MUST HAVES?

Default Re: What are the BFing MUST HAVES?

BOOBS thats right!
    I was accualy wondering about that. Im rather not large, and right now in my 6th months of pregnancy im not notticing any changes with my breast. Does size mater??

Not in terms of whether or not - just based on size - you will be able to produce enough milk, no. You will likely see an increase in size when your milk comes in - sometime 5-10 days after baby is born. You can be pretty tiny pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy and still make more than enough milk for your baby...not to worry!!
    Jsmom (not big herself!)

I found great success with Lanisonh breast pads and of course Lanilon ointment for my nipples. I also used my electric or my hand held pump in those early days to take some off the top and store the extra milk in the freezer that ds did not take. Other than that your local la leche league should be all that you need. Best of luck!

Lasinoh makes a very good disposable pad. It actually has the same stuff in it as a kotex to lock in the moisture. On the reuseable side I had a lot of luck with a brand called "Milk Diapers" . I would use the lasinohs at night and the milk diapers in the daytime. A brand called "Mother love" makes a great nipple cream out of all organic edible ingredients and no animal by products. Lanilon is actually a animal based lubricant. SLEEP BRAS. Because you need something to hold the pads in at nightime! And everything , everything short sleeve! MY son was born in Dec. and I made the mistake of buying one long sleeved nursing top. What a waste of $20! I am hot all the time! Especially when I nurse!

Great ladies! I am taking notes! So far I just have the breasts! So I will be doing some shopping soon!

I have Lansinoh because I use it all the time anyway as lip balm. But I'm thinking of trying Nipple Butter from earthmamaangelbaby.com in conjunction with the Lansinoh.

::lurking here:::

I'm expecting 6/27/06 and have been gathering my supplies and Ive bought some things from Earth Mama Angel baby. One of the things Ive bought was the Nipple Butter and I love it! It feels really awesome and very smooth. I also have the Lanisnoh. The difference is unreal. I give it my two thumbs up.
    I think the lanisnoh is good as well especially as a protective barrier. I use it in the shower and for everyday use i use the Nipple butter.

the name and number of your local La Leche League leader

I never found any use for my boppy pillow. Still not sure what to do with it, although I've tried.

I really wish I would have brought my pump with me to the hospital. I think it would have made nursing easier by pulling out the nipple a bit.

And a "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door would have been perfect. People were walking in and out of the room all the time, and it *might* have made it easier to say "no" to visiting relatives.

Also once I was home I really wanted more nursing clothes, specifically a nightgown. I got SOOOOOOO frustrated walking around topless all day, with my hair a mess and my teeth never brushed. Sorry but I felt so unattractive those first days and had little time to take care of myself. A pretty nursing gown would have made me feel tons better.

i have found that special breastfeeding tops are perfect espaically when you go out, there from www.lioness.co.nz
    i think, mum brought me a few and i love them, i breastfeed anywhere : in restuarnats, at peoples places etc

Quote Originally Posted by ChicKstA
    BOOBS thats right!
    I was accualy wondering about that. Im rather not large, and right now in my 6th months of pregnancy im not notticing any changes with my breast. Does size mater??
    I have to say it:
    when I was 13 years old we had a student substitute teacher who was really young, and also really flat-chested... anyway a few girls were chatting with her one lunch break and some of the girls got onto the topic of growing big breasts (I guess its a pretty common one when puberty kicks in).
    I was so shocked when this teacher commented,
    "well, all you need is a mouth-full"

and you know what? she was right!

I started ebf with literally nothing more than 2 breasts and a baby. nursing bras came at 2 weeks, and we never had anything else.
    though i would agree that a good sling is a lifesaver at all times, and if you're going back to work, a pump. go with what feels comfy for you - if you find that you need a pillow, the regular one from your bed or sofa is fine if you done want to buy a special one.
    Good books to read are a godsend, and good nutritious snacks and plenty of water handy too.
    and this forum!